Microsoft releases a new version of Windows 10 every six months. Each version has a lifecycle of 18 months before it is discontinued. There are a few ways to download the latest version of Windows 10. You can use a simple trick to download any Windows 10 version using the Media Creation Tool.
Microsoft recommends using the Media Creation tool to download the latest Windows 10 ISO for installation. The Media Creation Tool does not support downloading earlier versions of Windows 10. It will only download the latest version.
Thanks to AveYo, we can now modify Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool to download any version of Windows 10. AveYo has created a script that will modify how the tool works and give you options to choose from for the version to download.
Let us guide you through the process of downloading any version of Windows 10. Using this method, you will be able to download the following versions:
Download any Windows 10 version
All you need to do is use the freely available script combined with the Media Creation Tool to download your specific version of Windows 10. Follow through the steps below to learn how to do so:
- Download the batch file containing the script and then extract it.
- Now navigate to the extracted folder and run the batch file named MediaCreationTool.
- You will now see a screen like the one below. Select the version of Windows 10 you wish to download by clicking on it.
- The script will now begin downloading the associated Media Creation Tool. This might take a few minutes, depending upon your internet speed. You can also confirm the version and build number of Windows 10 that will be downloaded.
- Once ready, the Media Creation Tool will launch itself. In the Windows 10 Setup window, accept the terms and conditions.
- On the next screen, select whether you want to upgrade this PC or create an installation media, and then click Next. Choosing Upgrade this PC now will lead to immediate downloading and reinstallation of Windows on the PC you are on. In contrast, selecting Create installation media will lead to the additional steps below.
- On the next screen, select the language, edition, and bit version you want to download and then hit Next.
- On the next screen, choose whether you want to create a USB flash drive or an ISO file. These would be the options if you selected Create an installation media earlier. Click Next when selected.
- Now you need to select a location to save the file, in case you chose ISO file. Browse to the location where you want to save it.
- The tool will now begin downloading the selected Windows 10 version.
One downside to this technique is that you cannot choose a specific build for each version. It would be awesome if users could choose between various builds of each version as well.
Anyway, we would love to hear why you need an older version and not use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for Version 20H2.
- Download And Install Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2 ISO
- Download Windows 10 November 2019 Update (Version 1909) ISO Images [All Languages]
- Download Windows 10 ISO Files (Direct Download Links)
- Windows 10 Media Creation Tool For Version 20H2
- Download Windows 10 Enterprise Version 2004 ISO